If you’ve been following the show, you probably know the Shigleys tend to like our recipes simple and spicy! This one-pot curried cauliflower is just that—and makes an easy, flavorful vegetarian dish for a weeknight meal. Full disclosure, I call it “no chop” because each of the ingredients can be sourced already cut. But technically you might have to chop the onion/cauliflower if you don’t have the pre-chopped versions from the grocery store, or saved in your freezer.
No Chop, One Pot Curried Cauliflower
- 2 Teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- About 2 (10-oz.) packages fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Kosher salt
- Cooked Basmati Rice
- Store-bought Mango Chutney
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook curry powder and red pepper in hot oil, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower, onion, peas and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to low; add 6-8 Tbsp. water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or just until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve with Basmati rice and mango chutney.